Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/24/19 7:26 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
The backups partition is running out of disk space, and I need to delete the
only backup.

$ pgbackrest expire --stanza=localhost --retention-full=0
ERROR: [032]: '0' is out of range for 'repo1-retention-full' option
Yeah, pgbackrest doesn't ever really think you want to get rid of *all*
of your backups. :)

It's rare, but is occasionally needed.

So, in version 2.07, what's the secret sauce for deleting that final copy?
If this is the only backup and the only cluster being backed up into
that repository, you could just nuke the whole repo and recreate it with
stanza-create once you're ready to have backups again..

That occurred to me while lying in bed.  Use "stanza-delete"?