db corruption pg vs mysql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From tim h
Subject db corruption pg vs mysql
Date
Re: db corruption pg vs mysql  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: db corruption pg vs mysql  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi. Im running one of my apps on mysql/myisam. db size: 7mil records, 5.8Gb.
We've had some corruption problems, somehow the mysqld service failed corrupted the db.

For many reasons, but for this reason alone, im considering switching to pgsql sooner
then planned. My question is... will this same problem happen in pgsql?
Is there a way to prevent or minimize corruption due to service or hardware failure?

also, will the use of Transactional queries prevent corruption, or is that a different issue?

thanks.

--
Tim H
Berkeley, CA