Missing postmaster.pid and PG_VERSION - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tue S.Dissing
Subject Missing postmaster.pid and PG_VERSION
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I hope that someone can help me. I've installed postgresql73 via fink,
running OS X. when i'm trying to stop the database via webmin i get
the message: <italic>"Failed to stop database server : Failed to open
PID file /sw/bin/postmaster.pid"

</italic>I can't locate the PG_VERSION file on my system. The
postmaster ask for it !

I've tried to reinstall the hole thing agian but it didn't help.

I don't now what to do !

I have to use it in my study.

Tue
Hi

I hope that someone can help me. I've installed postgresql73 via fink,
running OS X. when i'm trying to stop the database via webmin i get the
message: "Failed to stop database server : Failed to open PID file
/sw/bin/postmaster.pid"