Re: Install problems for postgresql-8.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Don Fox
Subject Re: Install problems for postgresql-8.4.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
I think the hitch is something on my  machine( an old Intel Core Duo) MacBook Pro. When I do a :

 dscl . -list /Groups PrimaryGroupID | awk '{print $2 $1}' | sort -n

I get

-2nobody
-1nogroup
0wheel
UsersPostgreSQL    <------------- Looks strange to me! Should it be removed?   THis is after previous installation is removed and I've just done a new 'sudo make install'.
1daemon
2kmem
3sys
4tty
5operator

When I use the
sudo dseditgroup -o create -i 103 -r "PostgreSQL Users" postgres

I get

Create called on existing record - do you want to overwrite, y or n :

In this case 103 should be avaliable as it's not in either Users Unique ID or in Groups Primary ID

No matter which avaliable number I choose I still get the same response and any createdb attempt results in a bus error!

Don