Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Welty, Richard
Subject Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general

Scott Marlowe writes:
>However, on the command line, the polarity is reversed (vague Star Trek
>reference there)

reversing the polarity of the neutron flow: classic dr who reference,
actually

> and PostgreSQL enjoys a MUCH richer and easier to use
>set of utilities.  I find psql to be much much easier to drive than
>oracle's SQL*PLus, which makes my head hurt.

i have to use the informix dbaccess tool here at the day job a lot.
hate it. psql is so much nicer...

i do not have fond memories of SQL*Plus, either.

richard