Re: NULL value comparison - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Sacket
Subject Re: NULL value comparison
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 22, 2012, at 9:38 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> On 08/23/2012 10:32 AM, Michael Sacket wrote:
>
>> The good news is I now have the proper constraints in place and the app and it's 130 tables are working with
PostgreSQLin less than a day.

> Wow, that's cool, especially without SQL changes.
>
> What was the previous database? I'm curious now.

The database was OpenBase.  I did an ascii backup and used some scripts I created last summer to make some small
changes(mostly changing types on the create statements)... then ran it through psql.  On the WebObjects side I just had
toupdate the external types in the EOModel to match the PostgreSQL ones.  Turned out to be a fairly straightforward
process.

In any case, we've been using PostgreSQL for all new development for about 1.5 years and have found it to be quite
reliable,quick, and elegant.  OpenBase was quick and reliable for us as well; however, due to its limited adoption
outsideof MacOSX and WebObjects we were always having to write our own tools and frameworks to work with it.