Re: dangling permission on tables after drop user. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: dangling permission on tables after drop user.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sep 29, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>>> Am I missing something Vivek, or should the gross hack be "creating a
>>> user with id=102" ?
>>
>> And how exactly does one accomplish this?  pg_users is a view so you
>> can't insert into it.
>
> CREATE USER ... WITH SYSID 102;

Ok. I did that.  So now how do I get rid of that user and all the
grants?  DROP USER ends up with the dangling GRANTs still hanging
about.

Is there no way to drop a user and have the necessary grants disappear?
  How does one drop a user cleanly?

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Attachment