Re: indexing large "text" attributes ... ERROR: maximum size is 8191 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Arai
Subject Re: indexing large "text" attributes ... ERROR: maximum size is 8191
Date
List pgsql-general
To clarify, I am using the GIN index to perform the tsearch2 queries
which works fine.  The problem with this is that you cannot use the
tsearch2 fields since they are vectors to do exact match searches.
The tsearch2 webpage says to do something like

         SELECT intindex, strTopic FROM tblmessages
                 WHERE idxfti @@ to_tsquery('default', 'gettysburg &
address')
                 AND strMessage ~* '.*men are created equal.*';
          intindex |           strtopic
                 6 | Gettysburg address quotation
         (1 row)

Which would mean I would have to create index on strMessage.  Right?

Benjamin