Re: How to failover from Primary to Standby and Set the old Primary as a new Standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ascot.moss@gmail.com
Subject Re: How to failover from Primary to Standby and Set the old Primary as a new Standby
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

How about the following two areas?

step 3: wait until the failover is completed, the server is brought up after applying all WAL files available in the
archive.
Question 1: How to check if the failover is completed and the new Primary is ready?

step 4: if the failover is done
Question 2: Do I need to edit the new primary's postgresql.conf and restart postgresql? e.g. comment out the hot_standy
=on

thanks