Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From SAHOONG
Subject Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello All,

Could someone please, tell me the best way to migrate Sybase to PostGRES from scratch?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ola

> On 3 Jun 2014, at 13:26, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/2014 02:28 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:42 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>>> Fixed, I think. AFAICS that library was always passed to the linker command
>>> line regardless of MSDTC setting, even before my changes, which is wrong. I
>>> changed it so that it's only passed to the linker when MSDTC=yes. I wonder
>>> why it didn't fail before, but should be fixed now anyway.
>> Now the case MSTDC=no works fine, but not the opposite :)
>
> It works for me. Did you delete the output directory between builds, to make sure everything gets rebuilt?
>
> Hmm, but Debug builds don't work for me, I get a lot of errors like this:
>
> socket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___free_dbg
>
> That looks somewhat similar to what you got, with the "__imp__" prefix.
>
> However, that error isn't new - I got the exact same errors with "nmake /f win64.mak CPU=x64 CFG=Debug" with a
checkoutfrom just before my refactorings. So the Debug builds have been broken for a long time, and no-one noticed.
win32.makseemed to work.