VS: JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Janne Blomqvist
Subject VS: JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've installed PostgreSQL 7.02 RPM Version with it's JDBC package RPM, now
i'm trying to run my java application that connects to postgresql.   driver:

postgresql.Driver    and connection:
jdbc:postgresql:mydb

    I got errors saying class not found.   i tried to check for the file
postgresql.jar and finder.jar  ... i can't find them...
    what i found from the rpm of jdbc is jdbc7.0-1.2.jar and
jdbc7.0-1.1.jar and the previous version jdbc6.5-1.2.jar and jdbc6.5-1.2.jar

    What should i do? please help me. Thanks

jack

My JDBC experience is quite limited, but I suggest you start by reading
http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
In short: The driver is called 'org.postgresql.Driver' these days... Also
check that all the relevant jar files are in your CLASSPATH environment
variable. So if you use JDK 1.2 or 1.3 [Insert shameless plug about how
übercool IBM JDK 1.3 is..],
write at the prompt:
# export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

Janne Blomqvist
Trading House Hansel
janne.blomqvist@hansel.fi
+358-9-560 2261