Strange inconsistency using psql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Strange inconsistency using psql
Date
List pgsql-admin
I had to do some privilege assignments this morning on a bunch of tables, sequences, functions, and views. On all of
theseobject, I generally try to use a command like:

GRANT all ON TABLE x TO new_user;

Where TABLE is either that object or a SEQUENCE or FUNCTION. These all worked perfectly for me. What did not work was
specifyingthat the object was a VIEW. The system would spit out a syntax error at the object’s name being specified,
however,if I omitted the word VIEW, and not specify the type of object, then the GRANT succeeded.

Was this intentional behavior, or is the grammar slightly amiss? All the other types of objects worked perfectly with
thisstyle of command.
—
Jay

Sent from my iPad