Re: gaps/overlaps in a time table : current and previous row question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: gaps/overlaps in a time table : current and previous row question
Date
List pgsql-general

You can't. The order in which rows are retrieved  from a table is undefined, unless you specify it in your query. If
theindex cannot be used to specify the order, then there is no way for you to retrieve rows in the "correct" order.

If you could get the rows in the correct order, you could use the lag() window function to do what you want.