Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 1, 2024, at 18:54, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Done (e52a44b8, 91f498fd).
>
> Any elucidation on how and why Windows machines have started using
> UTF-8 would be welcome.

Haven’t been following this thread, but this post reminded me of an issue I saw with locales on Windows[1]. Could it be
thatthe introduction of Universal CRT[2] in Windows 10 has improved UTF-8 support?

Bit of a wild guess, but I assume worth bringing up at least.

[1]: https://github.com/shogo82148/actions-setup-perl/issues/1713
[2]: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/porting/upgrade-your-code-to-the-universal-crt?view=msvc-170