Re: EXTRACT Clarification - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas F.O'Connell
Subject Re: EXTRACT Clarification
Date
List pgsql-docs
That seems reasonable, too, although I was interested to learn that
this (and a few other expressions) weren't actually functions. Whether
that's actually meaningful for any implementation purposes is
debatable.

Even if the grammar is changed to allow it, it's probably worth making
a note of it in SQL compatibility documentation.

Speaking of which, since functions aren't in the SQL Commands
reference, where the compatibility documentation resides, does anyone
see value in adding compatibility information to The SQL Language
section as a whole?

I can contribute what I know, but I don't have a full copy of the spec.

-tfo