Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/03/05 16:20, Simon Riggs wrote:
> I notice also that
>   \d+ <tablename>
> does not show which partitions have subpartitions.

Do you mean showing just whether a partition is itself partitioned or
showing its partitions and so on (because those partitions may themselves
be partitioned)?  Maybe, we could do the former.

> I'm worried that these things illustrate something about the catalog
> representation that we may need to improve, but I don't have anything
> concrete to say on that at present.

Perhaps.  As Ashutosh said though, it does not seem like a big problem in
this particular case.

Thanks,
Amit