Re: [BUG] failed assertion in EnsurePortalSnapshotExists() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUG] failed assertion in EnsurePortalSnapshotExists()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Drouvot, Bertrand" <bdrouvot@amazon.com> writes:
> But make check is now failing on join_hash.sql, I have been able to
> repro with:

Oh, duh, should have thought a bit harder.  createSubid is a sequential
subtransaction number; it's not the same as the as_level nesting level.

Probably the most effective way to handle this is to add a subtransaction
nesting-level field to struct Portal, so we can pass that.  I don't recall
that xact.c provides any easy way to extract the nesting level of a
subtransaction that's not the most closely nested one.