Re: renumber_oids.pl needs some updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: renumber_oids.pl needs some updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 20.04.22 22:45, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The attached proposed patch invents a variant macro
>> DECLARE_TOAST_WITH_MACRO for the relatively small number of cases
>> where we need such OID macros.

> This makes sense.

> A more elaborate (future) project would be to have genbki.pl generate
> all of IsSharedRelation(), which is the only place these toast-table-OID
> macros are used, AFAICT.

Perhaps.  We invent shared catalogs at a slow enough rate that I'm
not sure the effort would ever pay for itself in person-hours,
but maybe making such invention a trifle less error-prone is
worth something.

I'd still want to keep this form of DECLARE_TOAST, in case someone
comes up with a different reason to want macro names for toast OIDs.