Re: Unable to migrate from postgres-13 to 14 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to migrate from postgres-13 to 14
Date
List pgsql-general
Jasvant Singh <jasingh@watermarkinsights.com> writes:
> pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  function
> array_append(anyarray, anyelement) does not exist
> Command was: CREATE AGGREGATE "public"."mode"("anyelement") (
>     SFUNC = "array_append",
>     STYPE = "anyarray",
>     INITCOND = '{}',
>     FINALFUNC = "public"."_final_mode"
> );

> To work around this problem I decided to drop this aggregate in postgres-13
> and create it again with the supported version of array_append in
> postgres-14.
> But when I tried to drop it in postgres-13 I got following error:
> #drop aggregate mode("anyelement") CASCADE;
> ERROR:  cannot drop function mode(anyelement) because it is required by the
> database system

I think this is trying to drop the built-in pg_catalog.mode(anyelement)
aggregate.  Say DROP AGGREGATE public.mode("anyelement")

(I'd be pretty cautious about using CASCADE, too, at least till
you've seen what would get dropped.)

            regards, tom lane