Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Heh, I missed the forest for the trees it seems.
> That version undid the changes fixing what Ian was originally complaining about.

Duh, right.  It would be a good idea for there to be a code comment
explaining this, because it's *far* from obvious.  Say like

    * Check for column-level privileges first.  This serves in
    * part as a check on whether the column even exists, so we
    * need to do it before checking table-level privilege.

My gripe about providing API-spec comments for the new aclchk.c
entry points still stands.  Other than that, I think it's good
to go.