convert text file to database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From e-letter
Subject convert text file to database
Date
List pgsql-novice
Readers,

I re-formatted an extract from my file of chess matches to:

Event,Online
Game,Site,www.flyordie.com,Date,yyyy/mm/dd,Round,1,White,djride,Black,kasparov777,Result,1-0,Termination,normal,UTCDate,2008/01/05,TimeControl,1200,moves,1.
c4 e5...25. Qh7# 1-0
Event,Online
Game,Site,www.flyordie.com,Date,2008/01/05,Round,1,White,pawnsrow,Black,djride,Result,0-1,Termination,normal,UTCDate,yyyy/mm/dd,TimeControl,1200,moves,1.
d4 d5...33. Bf3 Rxe5 0-1

I tried to import the csv file using the command:

chessmatches=# COPY chessgames FROM '/absolute/path/filename.csv';
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "Event..."

CONTEXT:  COPY chessgames, line 1, column id: "Event,..."

My first thoughts are that I need to create a first column entitle
'column id' but there is no reference to the requirement for this in
the section of the manual COPY. SO what is required please?

Thanks,