create database from text file, to delete columns - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From e-letter
Subject create database from text file, to delete columns
Date
List pgsql-novice
Readers,

I am using a program that saves data in csv format. I have realised
that I cannot view the file in my spreadsheet due to 256 column limit.

I think that I need to import the file into a database. Then I want to
review, then delete columns with null data.

I guess I can use the 'copy from' command? Also I do not know the
total number of columns so can I import into an empty database and the
columns are automatically created from the end of each line?

Yours,

postgresqlnovice@conference.jabber.org