Mac OSX 10.6 libpq.5.dylib - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PANAGIOTIS GERMANIS
Subject Mac OSX 10.6 libpq.5.dylib
Date
List pgsql-general
My application builds successfully in Xcode and runs without problems in my mac (running snow leopard 10.6.6) because I have properly installed the postgres 9.0 software.
But when I am trying to run my application in an other mac (that hasn't the postgres installed) I get the following error:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: libpq.5.dylib
  Referenced from: /Volumes/Documents/Projects/Mac_Software/iMacProjects/macReport/build/Release/macReport.app/Contents/MacOS/macReport
  Reason: image not found

My application bundle includes libpq.5.dylib into the Frameworks folder.
I faced similar problem with mySQL libraries and resolved them using the following commands in terminal:
install_name_tool -change /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.16.dylib  @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmysqlclient.16.dylib macReport
install_name_tool -change /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient_r.16.dylib  @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmysqlclient_r.16.dylib macReport

I tryed to do the same with libpq.5.dylib but the problem remains.

If you have any idea how to solve this error please respond.

THANKS
Panos Germanis
Software Engineer
mob: 6944339998

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
(Albert Einstein)

Attachment