Re: [BUGS] Postgres bug (working with iserverd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Postgres bug (working with iserverd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Vadim Mikheev" <vmikheev@sectorbase.com> writes:
>> However, EvalPlanQual still leaks more memory than suits me ---
>> auxiliary memory allocated by the plan nodes is not recovered.

> Isn't plan shutdown supposed to free memory?

Yeah, but it leaks all over the place; none of the plan node types
bother to free their state nodes, for example.  There are lots of other
cases.  You really have to reset the per-query context to get rid of all
the cruft allocated during ExecInitNode.

> How subselects run queries again and again?

They don't end and restart them; they just rescan them.  If we had
this substitute-a-new-tuple hack integrated into the Param mechanism,
then EvalPlanQual could use ExecReScan too, but at the moment no...