Re: [BUGS] Can postgres run autovacuum tasks when autovacuum is disabled? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Can postgres run autovacuum tasks when autovacuum is disabled?
Date
List pgsql-admin
I wrote:
> However ... it looks to me like if the autovac launcher gets launched
> forcibly because of a possible wraparound issue, it will keep running
> normally after that even if autovacuum is off :-(.

Nope, scratch that: I missed the bit before the launcher's main loop,
where it fires off one child and exits if it's launched when autovacuum
is already false.

Still, if it does fire one child process, it looks like that child will
vacuum everything that seems to need vacuuming in the target database.
We should probably adjust that so that tables not in danger of wraparound
get skipped.

            regards, tom lane