Re: 9.5: Can't connect with PGSSLMODE=require on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.5: Can't connect with PGSSLMODE=require on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> ... and the reassignment to errno at the
> bottom of my_sock_read needs to be SOCK_ERRNO_SET(); and why doesn't
> my_sock_write have a reassignment at all?

Comparison to the backend versions of these routines, which have been
through quite a few releases, suggests that the reassignment to errno at
the bottom of my_sock_read is simply bogus/unnecessary.  There is no
reason to believe that BIO_clear_retry_flags, BIO_set_retry_read, or
BIO_set_retry_write will munge errno.  Hence we should remove that flight
of fantasy rather than clone it into my_sock_write.