Re: Significant Execution Time Difference Between PG13.14 and PG16.4 for Query on information_schema Tables. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Significant Execution Time Difference Between PG13.14 and PG16.4 for Query on information_schema Tables.
Date
List pgsql-general
nikhil raj <nikhilraj474@gmail.com> writes:
> I've encountered a noticeable difference in execution time and query
> execution plan row counts between PostgreSQL 13 and PostgreSQL 16 when
> running a query on information_schema tables. Surprisingly, PostgreSQL 16
> is performing slower than PostgreSQL 13.

Yeah, it looks like that condition on "table_name" is not getting
pushed down to the scan level anymore.  I'm not sure why not,
but will look closer tomorrow.

            regards, tom lane