Re: Bug #947: time(timenow()) Parse Error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #947: time(timenow()) Parse Error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> time(timenow()) Parse Error

The syntax time(something) is now taken as a type name per SQL spec.
You need to write this with explicit cast syntax, or else put quotes
around "time":

    select now()::time;
    select cast(now() as time);
    select "time"(now());

Although I'm wondering whether you shouldn't just be using

    select current_time;

Note that the variants with timenow() run into a similar problem, which
is that the "time"(abstime) function has got the same mistake
internally.  I'm surprised no one noticed this for two whole releases...

            regards, tom lane