Re: Connection problems with jdbc - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Connection problems with jdbc
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Andrew Brunette <brunette.andrew@gmail.com> writes:
> When I run this, I get the message, "FATAL: Ident authentication failed for
> user "abrunette"".  Testing seems to indicate that this message could come
> from a variety of sources.  Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

The server's pg_hba.conf is set to demand ident authentication, not
password authentication, and your client code is not actually running
as user abrunette (or at least isn't connecting over a pathway that
would allow that to be determined reliably).

See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/client-authentication.html
for info about reconfiguring to use password authentication.

            regards, tom lane