Re: error during pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: error during pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Akash Garg <akash.garg@gmail.com> writes:
> I got this error while doing a pg_dump on one of my tables -- any ideas?
> pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551613

Did you really transcribe that accurately?  The number's an order of
magnitude too large to fit in even an int64, and it's quite hard to see
how a value wider than int32 could arrive at palloc anyway.

In any case, I suppose this is a corrupted-data issue; you need to find
and delete the corrupted row (or rows).  There are past discussions in
the archives that might help.

            regards, tom lane