Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices ; and, \d toast show its main table ; and \d relkind=I show its partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices ; and, \d toast show its main table ; and \d relkind=I show its partitions
Date
In response to Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices ; and, \d toast show itsmain table ; and \d relkind=I show its partitions  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Responses Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices ; and, \d toast show itsmain table ; and \d relkind=I show its partitions  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> Field relnamespace oid in pg_class appears with pg 7.3, maybe it would be
> appropriate to guard agains older versions, with "pset.sversion >= 70300".
> It seems that there are other unguarded instances in "describe.c", so
> maybe this is considered too old.

Per the comment at the head of describe.c, we only expect it to work
back to 7.4.  I tested against a 7.4 server, the modified queries
seem fine.

> Marked as ready.

Pushed with minor fiddling with the toast-table code, and rather
more significant hacking on the partitioned-index code.  Notably,
0003 had broken output of Tablespace: footers for everything except
indexes.  It's possibly not Justin's fault that that wasn't noticed,
because we had no regression tests covering it :-(.  We do now.