Re: bytea size limit? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bytea size limit?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> ... using the V3 extended query protocol (this requires a number of
> other driver changes, as at a minimum the driver will need to split up
> queries that contain multiple statements)

This is a bit off the thread topic, but: does the JDBC spec actually
allow/expect multiple SQL commands in a query?  Some people thought that
the V3 restriction to one command per query string was a Good Thing
because it helps guard against SQL-injection attacks when an application
is careless about inserting untrustworthy text into a command string.
If you don't have a spec requirement to cope with this, then I'd advise
against adding code to support it.

            regards, tom lane