Re: help me out on installation!!! - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: help me out on installation!!!
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tao Wan <tawan@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:
> I am installing postgresql-7.1.2  on Linux 2.4.12.

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you installing 7.2.1?

Even if you have some reason to want to use a 7.1.* release, 7.1.3
would be the preferred choice.

Dunno about the _fxstat problem.  Looking at /usr/include/sys/stat.h,
it seems that Linux is playing some weird games to try to achieve
binary compatibility, and this is falling down for some reason.
You'd probably be better off asking about it on a Linux-related list
(especially considering that the problem seems to be in libhistory.a,
and thus is not anything directly related to Postgres at all).

            regards, tom lane