Re: Sequence problem in stresstest on 8.0-beta1 (windows) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sequence problem in stresstest on 8.0-beta1 (windows)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"J. Hondius" <jhondius@rem.nl> writes:
> These statements:
> insert into "tbverantwoording"  ("dnkeyaanstelling", "dnjaarweek",
> "dnkeyactiviteitenschema") values  (27, 200343, 1781); insert into
> "tbverantwoording"  ("dnkeyaanstelling", "dnjaarweek",
> "dnkeyactiviteitenschema") values  (27, 200343, 1780);

> Reported these errors:
> psql:sqlfiles/0.sql:241: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint
> "pk_tbverantw"
> psql:sqlfiles/0.sql:223: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint
> "pk_tbverantw"

> BUT ONLY DURING HIGH LOAD, 717 errors where reported, for 2000 inserts.

I couldn't replicate any problem.  I put 5000 copies of those two
statements into a file and set up half a dozen psql sessions
concurrently reading the file.  No errors.

If you can provide a complete, reproducible test case, I'll be glad to
look at it, but there's not enough information here to do anything ...

            regards, tom lane