Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Why is (1) important, and if it is important, why is it being mentioned
>> only now? Are we saying that all previous reviewers of my work (and
>> others') removed these without ever mentioning they had done so?

> pgident will remove such white spaces and create merge conflicts for
> everyone working on those areas of the code.

What I try really hard to remove from committed patches is spurious
whitespace changes to pre-existing code.  Whether new code blocks
exactly match pgindent's rules is less of a concern, but changing
code you don't have to in a way that pgindent will undo later anyway
is just useless creation of potential conflicts.

The whole thing would be a lot easier if someone would put together an
easily-installable version of pgindent.  Bruce has posted the patches he
uses but I don't know what version of indent they're against...