Re: byacc problem with FreeBSD ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: byacc problem with FreeBSD ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> damn ... I thought that our configure refused anything *but* bison?  how
> come its allowying me to use byacc? :)

I think it should try to use the system yacc if it can't find bison.
It is possible to build our grammar with non-bison yaccs, since we
aren't using any bison-only features (not true for lex/flex,
unfortunately).

Persuading the local yacc to enlarge its tables enough to accept our
grammar is an exercise for the user ;-).  I have some notes about
making HPUX's yacc work in FAQ_HPUX.

But our distro should certainly use bison to build the derived files.
You used to have bison on hub.org, what happened to it?