Re: Grant / Revoke functionality - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Grant / Revoke functionality
Date
List pgsql-general
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
>> You can use schemas. Just put everything under schema and grant user
>> rights to the schema...

> This is not accurate.  The only schema level permissions are CREATE and
> USAGE they are independent of the permissions on the objects contained
> within.  He would still need to grant access to the underlying objects.

Right, but he could grant the required rights to PUBLIC and rely on
schema-level USAGE to control whether particular users can actually
get at particular objects.  It'd be a pretty coarse-grained structure,
but it might be good enough.

Personally I'd suggest looking at using groups ...

            regards, tom lane