Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>> - Max_connections is set to 500.

> There's your problem. 500 is way above what the windows version can
> handle. IIRC the hard max is somewhere around 200 depending on some OS
> factors that we don't entirely know.

Maybe we should put an #ifdef WIN32 into guc.c to limit max_connections
to something we know the platform can stand?  It'd be more comfortable
if we understood exactly where the limit was, but I think I'd rather
have an "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that" than random-seeming crashes.

            regards, tom lane