Re: Null records in pg_operator - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Null records in pg_operator
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Sandeep Agarwal" <sandeepagarwal.1980@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/19/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> You've got a badly corrupted table there :-(  pg_filedump might yield
>> some clues as to what happened, but what you'll probably ultimately
>> have to do is try to copy the pg_operator data over from an undamaged
>> database in the same cluster.  I'd suggest a dump and reload as soon
>> as you can get a clean pg_dump --- with something like this, I always
>> wonder what else has been tromped on.

> how can i copy contents from pg_operator of some other db on to this
> in the same cluster. I tried deleting all records which is giving
> error and i dont know any way to drop a system catalog table and
> recreate it.

I was thinking of stopping the postmaster and "cp"ing the file holding
that table.  See the PG docs chapter on database physical storage to
figure out which file it is.

>> If I had to bet with no more info, I'd bet on kernel bugs first and
>> flaky RAM second.

> I am on kernel version 2.4, Redhat 8.0, are there some known issues with this ?

Oh dear ... you are *very* badly in need of an OS update.

            regards, tom lane