Re: BUG #2119: FOREIGN KEY ON DELETE RESTRICT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2119: FOREIGN KEY ON DELETE RESTRICT
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Fred PerniÃ" <perniss@zks-gmbh.de> writes:
> If I delete a dataset from p_kto then is also delete the referenced sets in
> depot.
> Normaly the RESTRICT should prevents deletion. Or?

Works for me:
regression=# delete from p_kto where kto_id = 101;
ERROR:  update or delete on "p_kto" violates foreign key constraint "c_dkt_kto_id" on "depot"
DETAIL:  Key (kto_id)=(101) is still referenced from table "depot".

I think you've not told us the full truth about your tables.  The quoted
definitions are syntactically wrong (missing commas) and semantically
wrong (kto_id has no UNIQUE or PRIMARY KEY constraint, therefore can't
be the target of a foreign key reference).  I think you stripped out
everything you thought was irrelevant, including the actual source of
the problem --- maybe there is another constraint that is ON DELETE
CASCADE, and it happens to get processed first?

            regards, tom lane