Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows
Date
Re: PostgreSQL file system based restore from Linux to Windows  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:
> PostgreSQL file system based restore, ( copy database files from linux to
> windows) from Linux to Windows is supported ?
> I couldn't find any reference to this information in PostgreSQL
> documentation.

No.  The general project policy is that data files are only compatible
across one platform, ie, one OS and machine architecture.  (I'm pretty
sure this is stated somewhere in the docs, but am too tired to go
looking for chapter and verse.)

It might happen to work, if you're talking the same Intel-ish CPU type
on both ends ... but if it fails, don't call us.

            regards, tom lane