Re: Doc patch: Document names of automatically created constraints and indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Doc patch: Document names of automatically created constraints and indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch (against head) which documents the
> name of the constraint and index created when using
> PRIMARY KEY with CREATE TABLE, and the name of the
> index created when using UNIQUE.  I haven't read all
> the docs recently but I don't believe this is presently
> documented.

This is not actually correct: it ignores the corner cases where the name
would be overlength or conflict with something else.

Personally I don't think this should be documented, as it's an
implementation detail that we've changed in the past and may change
again.