Re: profiling connection overhead - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: profiling connection overhead
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, patch attached.

Two comments:

1. A comment would help, something like "Assert we released all buffer pins".

2. AtProcExit_LocalBuffers should be redone the same way, for
consistency (it likely won't make any performance difference).
Note the comment for AtProcExit_LocalBuffers, too; that probably
needs to be changed along the lines of "If we missed any, and
assertions aren't enabled, we'll fail later in DropRelFileNodeBuffers
while trying to drop the temp rels".