Re: searching for git commit hash - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: searching for git commit hash
Date
List pgsql-www
Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> writes:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> I don't believe gitweb supports searching. You'll need to pick another
>> hash and then copy/paste on the URL.

> Well there is a "search" box in the upper right corner, but I think it
> can only search for text, not commit hashes.

I have a private page containing a text box I can type the hash into.
This is very fast and it works with hash prefixes too, which I bet
google would not.
    <form action="http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb"     method="get" id="goto-commit-id">     <input type="hidden"
name="p"value="postgresql.git" />     <input type="hidden" name="a" value="commitdiff" />     Git Commit Hash <input
type="text"name="h" size="60" />    </form>

Dunno if enough people would use this to justify putting it on a public
page.
        regards, tom lane