Re: [BUGS] Pg.so bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Pg.so bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Daniel_P=E9der?= <dpeder@infoset.cz> writes:
>   Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)           : n/a, used already compiled code

> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/Pg/Pg.so' for module Pg:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/Pg/Pg.so:undefined symbol: Perl_markstack_ptr at
usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pmline 169.

We've seen a couple reports of this sort of problem that were due to
trying to use a copy of Pg.so that was compiled against a different
version of Perl.  It seems the Perl guys have been changing the
binary-level interface for loadable modules recently :-(.

You may need to build the Perl module locally in order to get a copy
that works with the version of Perl you have.

            regards, tom lane