Re: allow COPY routines to read arbitrary numbers of fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: allow COPY routines to read arbitrary numbers of fields
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 12/06/2010 12:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, why did you change the setup code to
>> not compute nfields in binary mode?  That seems at best an unnecessary
>> change, and at worst a breakage of the binary path --- did you test it?

> AFAICT it's not used in binary mode at all. But I will double check.

Well, even if it is not used at the moment, it seems potentially of use
in that path.  So I'd vote for continuing to set it correctly, rather
than making it deliberately incorrect as this patch is going out of its
way to do.