Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thorsten Schöning
Subject Re: What's your experience with using Postgres in IoT-contexts?
Date
List pgsql-general
Guten Tag Peter J. Holzer,
am Samstag, 10. Oktober 2020 um 12:00 schrieben Sie:

> Not necessarily. You would have to allocate the appropriate number of
> inodes, of course. Using one file per telegram wastes some space, but
> for a few thousand telegrams that may not matter[1]. Indeed, with ext4 you
> could make the inodes large enough that all or most of your telegrams
> fit inside the inode and don't need an extra data block at all.

Thanks for suggesting what I had noted at least worth discussing as
well already and what "other interested parties" said to be a really
stupid idea. Doesn't seem that stupid to us two obviously, especially
if ext4 is already used anyway. ;-)

But it's really not only about a simple queue: I want to have long
term storage and access to individual telegrams according different
criteria like individual devices, when received etc.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88