Re: A questions on planner choices - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A questions on planner choices
Date
List pgsql-general
Edoardo Panfili <edoardo@aspix.it> writes:
> [ poor plan for a Postgis query with ]
> Postgres 8.4.8 with postgis 1.5.3

I think that most of the issue here is poor selectivity estimation for
the Postgis operations, particularly &&.  I suggest that you should ask
about this on the postgis mailing lists.  They might well tell you to
try a newer release --- they may have improved things since 1.5.3.

> NOTICE:  LWGEOM_gist_joinsel called with incorrect join type

You should *definitely* report that to the Postgis guys, because it's a
bug.

            regards, tom lane