Re: FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brian Hirt <bhirt@mobygames.com> writes:
> DEBUG:  redo done at (2, 4255394472)
> FATAL 2:  XLogFlush: request is not satisfied

Oh, that old thing again :-(

What I would recommend is (1) run contrib/pg_resetxlog to get back into
a state where you can start the database.  Then (2) dump, initdb, reload
to be sure you are in a good state.  You might be able to get away
without step 2 but I'm not sure about it.

BTW, I think this particular problem is fixed in 7.2, or at least much
ameliorated.  As long as you have to dump/reload anyway, might be a good
time to update ...