Re: [patch] Improve documentation around FreeBSD Kernel Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [patch] Improve documentation around FreeBSD Kernel Tuning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Since I didn't actually tell you that I've made a context diff
> for you, and it's attached. I'll let someone with more FBSD-fu than me
> actually comment on it.

I have no FBSD-fu whatever, but the question this patch raises in my
mind is whether /boot/loader.conf exists in every version of FBSD.
If not, we probably need to say something like "do this in versions >=
whatever, and do the other in versions before that."  Likewise, has
it always been true that -w is unnecessary?  For other systems
such as Mac OS X, we have recommendations covering quite ancient OS
releases, and I don't see why we'd not hold the FreeBSD section to the
same standard.